Tuesday 26 July 2011

The Terminal v/s Cast Away



     

 Terminal   v/s   Cast away
I saw the terminal about a few weeks ago and cast away some months ago. My dad had told me to watch this movie terminal on my own but had seen cast away with dad. He told me to find the similarities and the differences. And that’s what I did -
The similarities between the two movies were –
  • <!In both the movies tom hanks had to adapt to the new environment in which he was stuck in.
  • <!In both the movies he was not an expert at what he was doing but got a hang of it after some while of practice.
  • <!In both the movies he escapes in the end leaving some memories behind.
  • <!He made friends in both the places, may it/they be imaginary.
And the differences between the two movies were –

  • <!In cast away, he was stranded on a deserted island. But in the terminal, he was stranded between the whole of the world.
  • <!In the terminal, he was surviving on goods. And in cast away he has to make his OWN goods.

So the similarities beat the differences. And I think is that Tom Hanks was chosen for the role of the terminal because of his acting and the storyline similarities. Both the movies were brilliantly made. And I really want to watch both the movies again with the screenplay of theirs. And if you liked the cast away you should also try watching “back to the future” as the maker of both of the movies is Robert Zemeckis. Another great guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment